Monday, February 16, 2009

Last week's runs

Well, here's last week's schedule. I ran 10k on Sunday, rested on Monday, ran 8k on tuesday, yoga on Wednesday, ran 6k on Thursday and nothing on Friday and Saturday (unknowingly ate some gluten, realised it too late so paid dearly for it) Did I mention I was allergic to gluten?

On Sunday I ran 13k. It was beautiful outside, a little on the nippy side but you could feel the sun's rays on my back making me a little too warm but it was soooo nice I even stayed on that path a while longer to bask in the sunlight.  My only problem was that my water bottle became so cold that I almost choked when I took a sip. I coughed for the rest of the day but I still don't know if it's the cold water or maybe some smog as I live in the city and run very close to downtown.

This week I plan to do 6k tomorrow, 8k on Wednesday and then yoga at lunch, yoga on Thursday and then track (we're doing intervals, don't know what they are) and another 6k on Friday. I should do my long  run with the TNT Montreal gang on Saturday, we have 16k planned.  Just saw the route we'll be taking, it's going to be fun. Not too hilly but not too flat either. We'll run part of it downtown and the second part in a residential area, I like these runs that take me all over town.

I'm reading up on nutrition right now and I got the book "marathoning for mortals" from  John Bingham (The Penguin).  Everything seems to be so important. I guess I'll pick a few things to change and go from there.

I also plan to feed this blog more often, way more often and as soon as I figure out how to link my Buckeye outdoors training log on my blog, I'll be very happy. I can be very happy or very sad for the smallest things. For example, I got the most beautiful Valentine's day card from my 7 year old son it was quite a surprise as he is autistic and doesn't show much interest for "girl" things and since valentine is all in pink it must be a girl thing.  Well, I got the most beautiful RED card with NO PINK!  But what he wrote made me cry with joy and poor him, he thought I was sad. I told him that sometimes mommies cry when they are too happy.  He looked at me very seriously and said : "That's wierd!" and left to play with his legos. 

I'm still surfing on this wonderful feeling of joy and pure love. Just hope it can carry me through the rest of the winter.

Love and hope

No comments: