Friday, September 3, 2010

Heat wave!

This is singular and almost unprecedented (well once in 1946) we’re experiencing a very brutal heat wave here in Montréal. Now, I know this is probably a walk in the park for most people living south of where I do but for us, well, were cooking. The temps have been hovering around 300 Celsius – 850 Fahrenheit with a heat index of 950 on most days this week. It’s very warm in the morning and in the evening also. We’re used to this in July for a week or two but not at this time of year. Heck, school started and they don’t have AC. The kids are hot and bothered and the teachers aren’t doing any better.

The weather lady says it will cool on Saturday and, truth be told, I can’t wait. I know I’m going to bite my lips this winter when it’s -350 Celsius but I’m just not a good runner in the heat. I’m slow, sweat buckets and I get really upset about my times.

AND, we have the Montréal Marathon on Sunday (I’m not running it this year) it supposed to be cooler; I sure hope so as I know a few people running in this event.
On the other hand, I found a real race to do the half marathon in the World Wide Festival of Races. This is the first time I’ll run a real race for the Festival! I’ll be going to Ottawa for the Ottawa Fall Colors Marathon, where I’ll be doing the half. I’m also planning on doing a race report. This is also a first for me.

Now, for our French course.
Can you say :

I’m hot! J’ai chaud!

I’m really hot! J’ai vraiment chaud!

I’m dying in this heat! Je crève de chaleur!

À la prochaine!

No comments: